Friday, July 16, 2010

Indians and Beauty


Today Daddy took Andrew and I to his company picnic. The day started off with me dragging Andrew onto the kiddie slide, and taking embarassing photos of him, Daddy, Jenn, Wil, and the midget.
After an hour or so, Daddy's friends, Caren and some-other-weird-people joined us. They were all conversing about work, so I went with Andrew to go explore.
I was attracted to the back of the park by a large red flower, which produced no fragrance or proper petals whatsoever. Bored, Andrew and I walked to the huge random pile of rocks, where he trapped me in a corner and I had to escape.
While escaping, I tripped randomly and fell, skinning half my leg and my knee. It was so cute; I was on the ground biting my lip to not cry, and Andrew did the most adorable ninja-move to come over and make sure I was okay. He picked me up, and I saw what I had tripped on.
It was a hole. Actually, many holes in this rock. I thought it looked familiar until it hit me: The holes in this rock were made by Native Americans! Probably the Diaganos tribe; dating back hundreds, maybe thousands of years!
I was mezmerized. The holes was were they would place acorns to ground up with a rock and sweeten to make their food. There was a good nine or ten holes in there; I sat there wondering who had used them, what they were thinking of; so many questions, while Andrew stood around and got bored. He's not interested in history like me.
We left for the woods, where I made sure to look around for artifacts and bring a camera. And Bloggie, did I need that camera. The place was breath takingly beautiful; there were mini waterfalls and beautiful colored moss and trees everywhere. Stone walls lined the edges; they were perfectly crumbled and worn to give them an old feeling.
The tree roots were the coolest. They were strong and grew above the ground in crazy positions; there was a part where you could walk over the river on them and see the water rush beneath your feet.
Bloggie, I have always truly believed in fairies. People call me crazy, but I cannot help but believe in them. I have so many books on them, and when I get a weird, tingly sensation I always instantly think of them. I was sitting in the tree roots of a particularly gorgeous tree when I felt that feeling. There were dark, ominous holes in the tree and I couldn't help but think something was watching me.
Every corner was a new breathtaking sight. There was an underground room of roots; a cave made of trees; a spider city. And the best part is it's not man-made! It's a pure, natural river, and the only thing man-made is the walls, and even that isn't that bad. There were only two; the rest had rock waterfalls and fallen trees and beautiful things that made me warm inside.
Afterward, Daddy took me to Fry's to get a computer screen, and then to Golden Spoon. Well, gotta run! Haven't slept in twenty-seven hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment